The Importance Of Exfoliating And Moisturizing As It Gets Colder
As we say goodbye to summer and welcome fall and winter, it’s time to reconsider our skin care routines. Exfoliation is always important, but even more so when there’s a chill in the air; the colder, drier air outside and dry conditions inside make skin cells die faster. The best way to encourage skin cell turnover is to exfoliate at least once a week, increasing to two or three times a week as your skin gets used to it.
What’s more, exfoliation is not only great for the skin, but it creates a great canvas for self-tanning. You can get that healthy glow and keep it year-round without exposure to dangerous UV rays with effective self-tanning products from Fake Bake.
What Is Exfoliation?
Exfoliation involves removing dead skin cells from the topmost layer of skin to encourage new cells to form. Exfoliation can be mechanical, meaning skin is scrubbed with an abrasive but gentle material, like our Fake Bake In the Buff Exfoliating Mitt or Coconut Oil Exfoliating Wipes. It can also be chemical, using acids and other substances.
Benefits of Skin Exfoliation
There are many benefits of skin exfoliation, including:
- Healthier-looking skin, as new skin cells will come to the surface faster. Exfoliation can improve your skin’s overall tone and texture.
- Fewer clogged pores.
- Better moisturization, as removing dead skin cells can improve the absorption of lotions.
- Better blood flow and circulation. You’ll have a healthy, rosy glow, because blood comes closer to your skin’s surface when you exfoliate.
- Younger-looking skin, since exfoliation helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- A better self-tan, as starting with a smooth canvas is the best way to get an even sunless tan.
How to Exfoliate the Body
You can easily and gently exfoliate your skin using our In the Buff Exfoliating Mitt. Simply use it in the shower with your favorite hydrating body wash, or just with water, and rub in a gentle, circular motion to remove dead skin cells. You can use it with your right or left hand depending on your preference, and you can choose from two exfoliating levels based on your skin's needs. All you need to do is wash the mitt with mild soap and water after use, and let it air dry.
You can also use our dual-sided Coconut Oil Exfoliating Wipes, moistened with a coconut oil botanical blend that creates a smooth, soft surface, so your skin can better absorb lotions as well as self-tanning liquids and mousses. Simply wipe the body and face to gently cleanse and exfoliate your skin. One advantage of using our wipes is that you can skip the shower before you apply your self-tanner and move right on to achieving your sunless, healthy glow.